May 3rd is the third birth centenary of Baba Jassa Singh Ahluwalia, Sultan-ul-Quom and a fearless Sikh Jarnail who scripted Delhi Fateh by defeating Mughal rule Shah Alam II
Let me tell you 5 incredible things about this warrior which will make your chest swell with pride –
- Jassa Singh Ahluwalia and his misl Dal Khalsa looted the booty of Ahmad Shah Abdali, the cruel Afghan invader. He took revenge from Sikhs by carrying out a full-scale massacre – Vadda Ghallughara in which nearly 25,000 to 30,000 Sikhs were killed. Baba Jassa Singh Ahluwalia sustained 22 wounds on his chest in this battle!
2. He was the one who built the Gurdwara of Fatehgarh Sahib after defeating cruel Zalim Khan, the Nawab of Sirhind who had bricked alive the Chote Sahibzaade owing to his enmity with Sri Guru Gobind Singh Ji Maharaj.
3. Baba Jassa Singh Ahluwalia Ji was a champion warrior. Under his leadership, Dal Khalsa inflicted humiliating defeats on Nadir Shah, Mir Mannu, Adena Beg, Zakria Khan, Salabat Khan and Jahan Khan.
4. The collective efforts of Baba Jassa Singh Ahluwalia, Baba Baghel Singh and Baba Jassa Singh Ramgarhia Ji resulted in Sikhs conquerring the Red Fort and hoisting the kesri Nishan Sahib. It is said that Baba Jassa Singh Ahluwali dethroned the Mughal Takht-o-Taus and took it to Sri Darbar Sahib as a sign of surrender of Mughal arrogance.
5. And last, but the most important, he is the one who saved 2200 Indian girls and women enslaved by Ahmed Shah Abdali by attacking at midnight 12. This battle story was codenamed “12 Baj Gaye” which has been turned into a joke on SIkhs by some insensitive people.
I request you all to share this article and tell more and more people about the glorious life and contribution of Jassa Singh Ahluwalia Ji.
Let us do our part even if our history books have failed to tell all this!